We can’t deny it any longer: avocado has become unavoidable in our life. You can’t miss it in the supermarket and some people even dress like it! Can you imagine? For example: did you already see Chrissy Teigen and her daughter in an avocado bathingsuit? Yes, this is what we’re talking about: we all love avocado’s. And that’s why we want to share this inspirational blog post about it. Well-known foodies like Sandra Bekkari, Rens Kroes and Madam Bakster created a lot of delicious recipes with the glorious fruit. One of them is this lime and avocado pie. So Spott tested it for you! Spoiler: we had to fight for a piece!
In this recipe, we show you how to make a yummy pie. How difficult is it to make? Let’s say: medium level. But hey, don’t let that stop you from making this beautiful avocado pie. You just have to make sure you can use a freezer to put the pie in it. Yes indeed: no oven, but a freezer! That makes the duration to make this dessert a bit longer: it’ll take up to 4 hours until you are able to enjoy this dessert. But that’s the time it has to remain in the freezer and fridge included! So, let’s go!
What do we need ?
– 100 gr. of dates
– 300 gr. of almonds
– 4 tablespoons maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
– 75 gr. of delicious coconut flakes
– 4 avocados
– 5 limes
– 120 ml maple syrup
– spring cake tin (about 24 cm)
– baking paper
1. Stone the dates and put them in the blender together with all the other ingredients.
2. Scoop the fine mass into the spring form (after you put baking paper in it!).
3. Squeeze the dough mixture into the spring shape using your fingertips.
4. Clean out the blender.
5. Stone the avocados and grate the lime peel until you have about 7 grams (and put some extra on the side to use as decoration). Squeeze the lime until you have 100 ml of juice.
6. Put it together with the other ingredients in the blender and mix everything until it has a smooth texture.
7. Pour the mixture over the bottom.
8. Place the cake in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
9. Take the cake out of the freezer and put it in the fridge for 2 hours before serving (you’ll be able to cut the cake after 1 hour).
– Red fruit
– Blue berries
– Pecan nuts
Decorate the fruit on the cake. We made a pattern of blueberries, pecan nuts, raspberries, slices of lemon and a few cranberries.
This pie is not difficult to make at all but is time consuming. After the preparation has been done, keep the pie for two more hours in the freezer and leave it one hour before serving in the fridge. We like the cake especially for breakfast. What about the taste? You can compare it with energy bars that taste like fresh lemon and a touch of avocado.
Let us know what you think about it!